Easter revision at Askademia
The Easter holiday can be an overwhelming time for a lot of students particularly pupils preparing for their final summer iGCSE, GCSE or A-level exams. The New GCSE and A-level courses cover a large amount of material in a short period of time, this makes it difficult to identify which of the materials to revise and which strategies to practice prior to the exam. With all this in mind, we have designed a 4-day revision program to identify areas of improvement, equip you with the right exam techniques and explain complex topics within the syllabus in an easy-to-understand method that will put the student at ease.
We offer a 4-day bespoke Easter revision programme in the following GCSE or A-level subjects:
Why Easter Revision at Askademia?
Experienced and skilled TutorsAfter analysing a student’s results from the initial assessment taken; our tutors will use this information to structure the course around their needs and optimise the student’s revision time. Once the student’s learning goals are determined, he/she will be allocated to a group that shares the same learning needs, and will be matched with a specialist academic tutor who will cater to individual learning styles and personalities.
Examination skills to boost gradesOur tutors will help students to breakdown and pinpoint topics and areas of weaknesses, where the student needs additional help with learning fundamental concepts. Through this, specific exam strategies and techniques will be explored. Our tutors will revisit crucial areas within the syllabus and provide students with adequate exam practice to help boost their confidence and abilities.
Invigilated Mock ExamsTo develop an effective revision strategy, we believe it is important to know where to begin. This is why we run an initial mock assessment session and provide our tutors with a comprehensive analysis of the students’ results to help tutors identify the students’ strengths and weaknesses, and account for them in their teaching strategies. Students will also have the opportunity to sit a final invigilated mock exam with a detailed analysis of their results provided to parents.
Small class sizesStudents study in a stimulating and inclusive study environment of no more than 6 pupils per class. The small group nature of our revision programme allows students to meet and make friends with fellow students with the same aim of success on their final exams.
Currently in her fifth-year of medical school, Akshaya loves to teach. It’s her goal to inspire her students to long-term success; both personally and academically. Among her strengths working as a tutor, are her abilities to engage with students, identify possible areas of weaknesses or confusion; and her structured but very personable and captivating approach to teaching.
What to expect
- Complimentary Assessment (Student take an assessment in their respective subject prior to revision group and tutor allocation)
- Day 1 - Focused Revision & Tuition- Addressing weakness, key areas in syllabus and exam techniques (2 hours)
- Day 2 - Focused Revision & Tuition- Exam techniques, weakness and key areas in syllabus (2 hours)
- Day 3 - Final Invigilated Mock Exam (1 hour 30 minutes)
- Day 4 - Review of mock exam and final revision (1 hour 30 minutes)
- Break down of mock exam results and students’ performance sent out to parents
Our 2018 Easter Revision Course will take place at our Liverpool Science Park Learning Centre (131 Mount Pleasant, Liverpool, L3 5TF)
- Week one: Monday, 26th March to Thursday, 29th March, 2018 inclusive, the four days before Good Friday
- Week two: Tuesday, 3rd April to Friday 6th April 2018 inclusive, the four days after Easter Monday.
- Students can enroll for one or more of the GCSE, iGCSE or A-level courses provided
- Unit Specific for AS and A2
- Tier Specific for GCSE
- Small study groups of less than 4 students per class on average (no more than 6 per timetabled group)
- Friendly informal atmosphere
- Tier Specific for GCSE
- Detailed analysis of students’ progress, performance and attendance will be provided in final report to parents.
*Our GCSE or A-level revision course for particular subject and examination board is subject to confirmation. Subjects not listed are available on request and can be scheduled on demand; one-to-one sessions can also be arranged.
GCSE/ iGCSE- 4 Day Easter Revision Course for Year 10 or 11 £110.00
A-level/ AS-Level 4 Day Easter Revision Course for Year 12 and 13 £130.00
10% discount on subsequent subjects taken
For students to make the most of their time with us, we do not timetable more than 6 students per tuition group. Our tutors will also set exam practice for the students to complete every week as part of our exam practice sessions.